Saturday, June 14, 2008

disaster struck on thurs~

my dad dropped my laptop cos the laptop was on the cooling pad (it has 2 fans to disperse the heat) so my dad's fingers touched the fan and in response, he dropped the whole laptop on the floor T_T My beautiful (actuallie it's very old looking already) Fujitsu laptop...hai~ the corner was chipped and the screen has a line in the middle...even though the line is not very very obvious...my heart broke when i saw it nonetheless...hai~ that was the first expensive thing i bought for myself...well it's not entirely mine, my dad paid for half of it...so technically speaking he owns it too...i can feel the tension in the room when my dad was recounting what happened, i feel bad that he feels so guilty abt it...then my mum was at the side, "scolding" him...so I din really show much anger/frustration wadsoever...i was silently consoling myself...it's 5 yrs old...disregarding the fact that i only changed the hard drive less than 1 yr ago...it's old, the touch pad is peeling off, the "scroller" in the middle has dropped out...colour at the sides have gone off due to abrasions...

I did consider just using it until it totallie can't be used but it's so depressing looking at the crack T_T anw, i was told that there's a PC Show going on at Suntec...so i decided to go and get a new laptop...i was choosing between NEC, Asus and Acer...and since the NEC one was sold out, i decided on the Acer one...cos it's cheaper than Asus by abt 300 bucks...so i finally got my new laptop, Acer Aspire 4920...free upgrade to 4GB RAM..with some freebies thrown in...and the best part is? it costs LESS than what i paid for the Fujitsu (remember i only paid half of the Fujitsu's cost...) can u believe how expensive laptops were 5 yrs ago??? zzzzzzz...

No comments: